What Are Trios?
Piano trios consist of three performers playing together collaboratively. Most commonly, a piano trio consists of a violinist, cellist, and a pianist, but some instruments can be substituted for others. Here at Orchestral Recital Series of Tacoma, we enlist a professional musician for each role, and our students may perform on piano, violin, cello, or an alternate instrument as the composition allows.
Participation in a trio can help music students of all ages get their first taste of collaborative music in a wide-reaching musical community. Many music students do not play with small ensembles. It is our belief at ORS that participation in small ensembles like a trio can quickly grow important skills in communication, musicality, and confidence. Our participants have seen their skills grow. The experience is impactful for both students and their families:
PIANO TRIOS GUIDELINES
There are a few things to remember:
- Memorization is not required for chamber ensembles. However, memorization can enhance preparation.
- Students will be scheduled for two (2) required rehearsals. Teachers are expected to attend.
- If a student is performing an advanced piece, they may be asked to sign up for an extra (3rd) rehearsal, with an extra fee. This option is always available to any student who desires the extra rehearsal.
- If a student is not prepared for the performance, they will be invited to perform the following year.
- Repeats are only to be used for very small sections or very short pieces. Repeats of Expositions, Development sections, etc., are not permitted.
- When timing a student’s repertoire, do not include repeats.
- Students are expected to dress as professional performers: business casual to formal is appropriate. No strapless or low-cut tops or dresses, no short skirts or dresses above the knee, no denim, and no spandex or leggings when worn by themselves.
Feel free to contact us with any questions or concerns, using the button below.
2021 REGISTRATION FEES
Registration fees and rehearsal amount are subject to change.
(subject to change)
1 to 3 minutes
Over 3 to 5 minutes
Over 3 to 5 minutes, Difficult
Over 5 to 10 minutes
Over 10 to 15 minutes
Over 15 to 20 minutes
Extra 3rd Rehearsal for Category A, B, B2
Extra 3rd Rehearsal for Category C, D, E
ORS BRINGS EXPERIENCES TO STUDENTS AND COMMUNITY
Throughout all of the ORS-Tacoma events, you will see the many benefits students and the community experience through the dedication and time of the many teachers, students, musicians, parents and volunteers who make each event an experience to remember.