What Are Trios?
Piano trios consist of three performers, one of whom is a pianist, playing together. Most commonly, a piano trio consists of a violinist, cellist, and a pianist (no, not three pianists). Here at Orchestral Recital Series of Tacoma, we enlist a professional musician for each role, and our students may perform on piano, violin, cello, or an alternate instrument as the composition allows. We are proud to present the Fall Trios at First Lutheran Church in Tacoma for 2020, complying with COVID-19 regulations in the city, county, and state.
If the event is postponed or cancelled due to public health guidelines we will refund registration fees.
- The fee is based on the length of the composition and includes two required rehearsals.
- An optional 3rd rehearsal is available to all students for an additional fee, based on the category of the piece. These are highly encouraged for all advanced students.
- Online registration will open September 15th and close on September 30th.
- Registrations will not be accepted after September 30th.
- The registration form can be accessed by navigating to the repertoire list and selecting the piece and movement to be performed.
(subject to change)
1 to 3 minutes
Over 3 to 5 minutes
Over 3 to 5 minutes, Difficult
Over 5 to 10 minutes
Over 10 to 15 minutes
Over 15 to 20 minutes
Extra 3rd Rehearsal for Category A, B, Bdiff
Extra 3rd Rehearsal for Category C, D, E
PIANO TRIOS GUIDELINES
Registration for the Fall Piano Trios is available on our website. Simply navigate to the repertoire page, accessible through the gold button at the top of this page and select the piece and movement you or the performer will be playing. Then, complete the registration form. Registration will be open from September 15th until September 30th at midnight of 2020. There are a few things to remember:
- Memorization is not required for chamber ensembles. However, memorization can enhance preparation.
- Students will be scheduled for two (2) required rehearsals. Teachers are expected to attend.
- If a student is performing an advanced piece, they may be asked to sign up for an extra (3rd) rehearsal, with an extra fee. This option is always available to any student who desires the extra rehearsal.
- If a student is not prepared for the performance, they will be invited to perform the following year.
- Repeats are only to be used for very small sections or very short pieces. Repeats of Expositions, Development sections, etc., are not permitted.
- When timing a student’s repertoire, do not include repeats.
Consistent with current Pierce County COVID-19 requirements for gatherings, there will be no live audience for students’ performances at the 2020 Trios Festival. No more than five persons may occupy the church sanctuary at one time: pianist, violinist, cellist, moderator (Paul Twedt), videographer (if used). Social distancing (6 feet apart) will be practiced. All participants must wear masks and use hand sanitizer.
Feel free to contact us with any questions or concerns, using the button below.
- Students are expected to dress as professional performers.
- Sunday best, dressy, or formal.
- No strapless or low-cut tops or dresses.
- No short skirts or dresses above the knee.
- No denim of any kind.
- No spandex or leggings, by themselves.
ORS BRINGS EXPERIENCES TO STUDENTS AND COMMUNITY
Throughout all of the ORS-Tacoma events, you will see the many benefits students and the community experience through the dedication and time of the many teachers, students, musicians, parents and volunteers who make each event an experience to remember.