Registration Fees are Non-Refundable.
- The fee is based on the length of the composition and includes two required rehearsals.
- An optional 3rd rehearsal is available to all students for an additional fee, based on the category of the piece. These are highly encouraged for all advanced students.
- Students who are selected to perform with the puget sound trio (PST) are required to register for a 3rd rehearsal. Selected students will be invoiced for the additional rehearsal after the selection process is complete if they have not previously registered for a 3rd rehearsal.
- The 2nd rehearsal will be in a master class format with PST.
- The mandatory 3rd rehearsal with pst is TBD.
- The 1st rehearsal will be scheduled with Maggie Duggan and Calvin Hettinger during the first week of rehearsals. Maggie and Calvin are our featured performers for all other trio concerts.
- Students must be able to attend all three rehearsals in order to be selected to perform with pst. There are no exceptions.
- The selections will be made by the puget sound trio musicians.
(subject to change)
1 to 3 minutes
Over 3 to 5 minutes
Over 3 to 5 minutes, Difficult
Over 5 to 10 minutes
Over 10 to 15 minutes
Over 15 to 20 minutes
Extra 3rd Rehearsal for Category A, B, Bdiff
Extra 3rd Rehearsal for Category C, D, E
PIANO TRIO GUIDELINES & EXPECTATIONS
- The Registration Deadline is TBD.
- The registration process will be available online.
- Late registrations will be accepted or denied at the discretion of ORS. If accepted, a $15.00 late fee will be assessed.
- Memorization is not required for chamber ensembles. However, memorization can enhance preparation.
- Students will be scheduled for two (2) required rehearsals. Teachers are expected to attend.
- Students performing with members of The Puget Sound Piano Trio will have a specific, mandatory rehearsal time.
- If a student is performing an advanced piece, they may be required to sign up for an extra (3rd) rehearsal, with an extra fee. This option is always available to students who desire the extra rehearsal.
- If a student is inadequately prepared for a public performance, he/she will be invited to perform the following year.
- Repeats are only to be used for very small sections or very short pieces. Repeats of Expositions, Development sections, etc., are NOT allowed.
- When timing a student’s repertoire, do NOT play repeats.
- The ORS reserves the right to delete portions of the repertoire, if a student is unable to play certain sections accurately and/or at a steady, appropriate tempo.
- Students are expected to dress as professional performers.
- Sunday best, dressy, or formal.
- No strapless or low-cut tops or dresses.
- No short skirts or dresses above the knee.
- No denim of any kind.
- No spandex or leggings, by themselves.
ORS BRINGS EXPERIENCES TO STUDENTS AND COMMUNITY
Throughout all of the ORS-Tacoma events, you will see the many benefits students and the community experience through the dedication and time of the many teachers, students, musicians, parents and volunteers who make each event an experience to remember.